2. Users agree to use the Site in a manner consistent with any and all applicable rules and regulations.
3. Users accept that the Site is provided on an "as is, as available" basis.
4. ALL ARTICLES AND MATERIAL DISPLAYED BY US ON OUR SITE ARE FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND ARE NO SUBSTITUTE FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE.
5. BarbaraSloan.com may for marketing purposes collect, process and transmit data obtained from and about users in the course of their accessing the site.
6. Users are authorized to download one copy of the material on the Site on one computer for their personal, non-commercial use only but may not, in so doing, remove, use or amend any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notice.
7. Subject to the above, users may not modify, copy, distribute, republish or upload any of the material on the Site without BarbaraSloan.com's prior consent in writing. No intellectual property or other rights shall be transferred to users.
8. To the extent that portions of the BarbaraSloan.com Site (such as "chat rooms" or "bulletin boards") may provide users an opportunity to post and exchange information, ideas and opinions ("Postings"), users should be aware that barbarasloan.com DOES NOT SCREEN, EDIT OR REVIEW POSTINGS PRIOR TO THEIR APPEARANCE ON THIS WEB SITE, and Postings do not necessarily reflect BarbaraSloan.com's views. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, BarbaraSloan.com excludes all responsibility and liability for the Postings or for any losses or expenses resulting from their use and/or appearance on the Site.
9. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, BarbaraSloan.com on behalf of its employees, agents, suppliers and contractors excludes liability for any losses and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, even if BarbaraSloan.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of this site or any web site with which it is linked. Users assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back up and virus checking as they consider necessary.
11. Users hereby represent and warrant that they have all necessary rights in and to all Postings they provide and all material such Postings contain and that such Postings shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties.
12. Where BarbaraSloan.com may provide hypertext links to other sites, it does so for information purposes only, and such links are not endorsements by BarbaraSloan.com of any products or services in such sites. BarbaraSloan.com accepts no liability nor makes any endorsement or approval of the same.
15. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to principles of conflict of laws.
To the extent users have in any manner violated or threatened to violate barbarasloan.com and/or its affiliates' intellectual property rights, barbarasloan.com and/or its affiliates may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State of Florida, and users consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
Any other disputes will be resolved as follows:
If a dispute arises under this agreement, BarbaraSloan.com agrees to first try to resolve it with the help of a mutually agreed-upon mediator in the following location: Saint Augustine, Florida. Any costs and fees other than attorney fees associated with the mediation will be shared equally by each BarbaraSloan.com and the user.
If arriving at a mutually satisfactory solution through mediation proves impossible, BarbaraSloan.com agrees to submit the dispute to binding arbitration at the following location: Saint Augustine, Florida, under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitration may be entered in any court with jurisdiction to do so.
August 25, 2004
Last Updated: August 25, 2004
How BarbaraSloan.com gathers information from users
BarbaraSloan.com collects and stores information depending on the page a user is visiting, the activities in which the user elects to participate and the services provided. For example, a user may be asked to provide information to register for access to certain portions of the site or request certain features, such as free sample ecourses or when making a purchase. Users may provide information when they participate in sweepstakes and contests, message boards and chat rooms, and other interactive areas of the site. Like most Web sites, BarbaraSloan.com also collects information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to visitors. For example, BarbaraSloan.com may log the name of users' Internet Service Provider or use cookie technology to recognize users and hold information from user visits. Among other things, the cookie may store visitor username and password, sparing the user from having to re-enter that information each visit, or may control the number of times a user encounters a particular advertisement while visiting the site. As BarbaraSloan.com adopts additional technology, BarbaraSloan.com may also gather information through other means. In certain cases, users can choose not to provide BarbaraSloan.com with information, for example by setting a browser to refuse to accept cookies, but if a user does this, the user may be unable to access certain portions of the site or may be asked to re-enter user name and password, and BarbaraSloan.com may not be able to customize the site’s features according to user preferences.
What BarbaraSloan.com does with the information it collects
Like other Web publishers, BarbaraSloan.com collects information to enhance user visits and deliver more individualized content and advertising. BarbaraSloan.com respects user privacy and does not share user information with anyone.
Aggregated Information (information that does not personally identify a user) may be used in many ways. For example, BarbaraSloan.com may combine information about user usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to help enhance the site and services (e.g., to learn which pages are visited most or what features are most attractive). Aggregated Information may occasionally be shared with BarbaraSloan.com's advertisers and business partners. Aggregated information does not include any Personally Identifiable Information about users or allow anyone to identify a user individually.
A user's Personally Identifiable Information collected by BarbaraSloan.com may also be used for other purposes, including but not limited to site administration, troubleshooting, processing of e-commerce transactions, administration of sweepstakes and contests, and other communications with that user. Certain third parties who provide technical support for the operation of the site (BarbaraSloan.com's Web hosting service for example) may access such information. BarbaraSloan.com will use user information only as permitted by law. In addition, from time to time as BarbaraSloan.com continues to develop its business, BarbaraSloan.com may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. BarbaraSloan.com may also disclose user information in response to a court order, at other times when BarbaraSloan.com believes it is reasonably required to do so by law, in connection with the collection of amounts a user may owe to BarbaraSloan.com, and/or to law enforcement authorities whenever BarbaraSloan.com deems it appropriate or necessary. Please note BarbaraSloan.com is not required to provide any user with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
Affiliated sites, linked sites and advertisements
BarbaraSloan.com expects its partners, advertisers and affiliates to respect the privacy of BarbaraSloan.com's users. Users should be aware, however, that third parties, including BarbaraSloan.com's partners, advertisers, affiliates and other content providers accessible through the site, may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. For example, during a visit to BarbaraSloan.com's site a user may link to, or view as part of a frame on a BarbaraSloan.com page, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Also, through BarbaraSloan.com users may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, Web sites, features, contests or sweepstakes offered by other parties. BarbaraSloan.com is not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. Users should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on a feature or page operated by a third party. Third party Websites will automatically open in a new browser window to assist users in knowing when they are on the BarbaraSloan.com site or at a third-party site.
Any user who voluntarily discloses Personally Identifiable Information on message boards or in chat areas should know that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without BarbaraSloan.com's knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of BarbaraSloan.com and this policy.
Barbara Sachs Sloan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
BarbaraSloan.com does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from or about children under 13 except as permitted by law. If BarbaraSloan.com discovers it has received any information from a child under 13 in violation of this policy, BarbaraSloan.com will delete that information immediately. Any user who believes BarbaraSloan.com has any information from or about anyone under 13 should please contact BarbaraSloan.com at the address listed below.
BarbaraSloan.com can be reached via email at:
Changes to this Policy
BarbaraSloan.com reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Users should check this page periodically for changes. Users' continued use of the BarbaraSloan.com site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean the users accept those changes. Information collected prior to the time any change is posted will be used according to the rules and laws that applied at the time the information was collected.
This policy and the use of this Site are governed by Florida law. If a dispute arises under this Policy, BarbaraSloan.com agrees to first try to resolve it with the help of a mutually agreed-upon mediator in the following location: Saint Augustine, Florida. Any costs and fees other than attorney fees associated with the mediation will be shared equally by each BarbaraSloan.com and the user involved in the dispute.
If it proves impossible to arrive at a mutually satisfactory solution through mediation, BarbaraSloan.com agrees to submit the dispute to binding arbitration at the following location: Saint Augustine, Florida, under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitration may be entered in any court with jurisdiction to do so.
BarbaraSloan.com is controlled, operated and administered entirely within BarbaraSloan.com. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
BarbaraSloan.com does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If BarbaraSloan.com learns that it has personal information about a child under the age of 13, BarbaraSloan.com will delete that information from its systems. BarbaraSloan.com encourages parents to carefully supervise their children on and off the Internet.
Barbara Sachs Sloan
St. Augustine, FL 32084